- There will be a Solaris 11 release event the 9th of November
- The final Solaris 11 release should be based on build snv_175
- The next version of OpCenter (12C) will be able to manage existing zones (brown field)
- The next update of Solaris 10 (in 2012) will be the last Solaris 10 update
- Solaris developers claimed that part of the reason for not supporting older sun4u machines was due to the way cache was handled which was not optimal.
- While Solaris 10 supports the SPARC T4 you will get optimal performance using Solaris 11 since some changes could not be backported.
From Prometheus to Sisyphus
4 months ago