- Solaris 11 is slightly ahead of schedule, it was supposed to be released by the end of the year.
- OpCenter is now included in your support contract for no additional cost, including virtualization!
- A new Oracle VM for SPARC will be release (3.0) that supports live migration between processors with diffent clock frequency and even between T2 and T3.
- Future releases of Oracle VM for SPARC will try to remove limitations, for example enable live migration while using dedicated PCI hardware in guest domans.
- Some work on Solaris 12 have already been started
- Solaris 11 will have more focus on virtualization/cloud
- SPARC super cluster will support exadata instances (one per T4-4)
Now i'm of to a new session, a deep technical review of the SPARC T4.